Setites Can't Fight

Hier kannst du Decks posten, die man normalerweise nicht auf ein Turnier mitnehmen würde. Sei kreativ!
Yorga
Ahn
Ahn
VEKN Nr.:

Setites Can't Fight

Post by Yorga »

Setite Typhonic Beast multi-rush deck with some of the new cards. I would really love to add 4-6 "Touch of Pain" for the amusement of saying "ok, I don't block your bleed. Take 4 damage!"

Vamps I am also considering:
Maskini (7 POT SER PRE)
Nangila Were (9 POT ser obf PRE, +1 handsize, rush)
Nehemiah (9 POT SER PRE, 2 votes, cycling)

Deck Name : Setites Can't Fight
Author : RocketEddy
Description :
I love Form of Corruption, but whenever it hits play my prey tends to lock up and stop bleeding. How else to steal their minions? Hmm...

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 9 average: 6.75
3x Shemti (9) :OBF: :POT: :PRE: :SER: :vic: 1 vote Follower of Set (group 5)
3x Bupe Kuila (7) :OBF: :POT: :SER: :pre: Follower of Set (group 4)
2x Clea Auguste d'Holford (6) :OBF: :POT: :pre: :ser: Follower of Set (group 5)
1x Cagliostro, The Grand Copht (8) :OBF: :PRE: :SER: :nec: :pot: Follower of Set (group 4)
1x Lukas (8) :ANI: :OBF: :POT: :pre: :ser: archbishop Nosferatu antitribu (group 4)
1x Ahmose Chambers (3) :obf: :ser: Follower of Set (group 5)
1x Belle Equitone (2) :ser: Follower of Set (group 4)

Library [90 cards]

Master [16]
3x Blood Doll
3x Path of Typhon, The
2x Eternals of Sirius, The
2x Fame
2x Khobar Towers, Al-Khubar
1x Cave of Apples
1x Crocodile Temple, The
1x Giant's Blood
1x Wash

Action [14]
3x Ambush
3x Bum's Rush
3x Form of Corruption
2x Big Game
1x Heart of the City
1x Preternatural Strength
1x Rampage

Equipment [1]
1x IR Goggles

Ally [1]
1x Amam the Devourer (Bane Mummy)

Action Modifier [10]
10x Truth of a Thousand Lies

Action Modifier/Combat [6]
6x Swallowed by the Night

Combat [42]
16x Typhonic Beast
10x Immortal Grapple
8x Taste of Vitae
5x Slam
2x Cobra Fangs
1x Street Cred

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Wed Nov 07 14:43:17 2007]

Suggestions are welcome :)

Ed.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Männele
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher
VEKN Nr.: 1000565

Post by Männele »

Form of Corruption seems to be a very good card. The problem is preys nearly always tend to lock up play until you are ousted, unless they only have small minions or making big bleeds in short time. So even if you manage to oust your prey you encounter a well built up new prey who didn't face any pressure since you played FoC. You could wait with playing until one minion is already low on blood so you can get it faster. Or you change it to Temptations. This card is a very good one too, especially in this deck. Often there should be minions in torpor. So diablerizing with an temptated vamp. should be fun.
I'm not that much a fan of Typhonic Beast and would consider playing more pure potence + Taste of Vitae instead but that's just me.
Ich habe noch nie etwas vergessen. Das wüsste ich.
Irratonalys
Prinz
Prinz
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Irratonalys »

jea , ive seen this deck in action latley , good job sending lambach to torpor ^^

but you never used the cave of apples right? you should consider replacing it for an eye of hazimel , and then id replace three of the typhonic beasts with skin of the adder (which basically do the same , just not stackable)

if you want some bloodgain you could also play some sacrifical lamb to get rid of the vampires in torpor without bloodhunt, id ditch the heart of the city for it.
the scavenger
Justicar
Justicar
VEKN Nr.:

Post by the scavenger »

Männele wrote:Form of Corruption seems to be a very good card. The problem is preys nearly always tend to lock up play until you are ousted, unless they only have small minions or making big bleeds in short time.
Yeah, but that's a good thing because he can deal with his predator while his prey is passive. The gambit is that his combat is trumpy, if that works he'll get the time to oust his prey eventually, which brings him reasonably close to a Game Win.

The cool thing is that Truth works both for multirush and bruise'n'bleed.

That being said the multirush part doesn't work if some dweebs take one for the team, so probably some more stealth (Opium Den?) and some Havens are in order. The Temple and the extra Towers aren't so crucial methinks.

Obviously the bigger problem will be to survive an aggressive predator, with the average crypt size being 6,75 and no bounce nor intercept (apart from Bupe) readily available.

sk.
Yorga
Ahn
Ahn
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Yorga »

Irratonalys wrote:jea , ive seen this deck in action latley , good job sending lambach to torpor ^^
8)
Irratonalys wrote:but you never used the cave of apples right? you should consider replacing it for an eye of hazimel , and then id replace three of the typhonic beasts with skin of the adder (which basically do the same , just not stackable)
I didnt really get the chance to use it, that's true. If my prey hadn't been so fortitude-y or if I had more stealth maybe... I don't want EOH though, the pool-per-turn is crippling! Possibly I'd swap it for an Opium Den, or another Blood Doll... or even a Touch of Pain. SotA is pointless here, all my minions bar the weenies have POT. So it does the same, costs the same... but Clea only has ser and none of them get the presses, which are really useful.
the scavenger wrote: That being said the multirush part doesn't work if some dweebs take one for the team, so probably some more stealth (Opium Den?) and some Havens are in order. The Temple and the extra Towers aren't so crucial methinks.

Obviously the bigger problem will be to survive an aggressive predator, with the average crypt size being 6,75 and no bounce nor intercept (apart from Bupe) readily available.
The Towers saved me for a very long time this week, allowing me to gain pool instead of losing a minion to my prey's Recalled to the Founder, remove a famed weenie (also gaining pool) and then again turning an almost-empty Shemti into a Shemti ready for action. (Think of it as a delayed-action Giant's Blood, heh). More stealth would definately help a lot, especially as the untaps are only usable after a successful action. Opium Den would be good.

You're also right in that the problem with defence is significant. I did have an aggressive bleed predator this week, and I was forced to more-or-less oust him by killing every minion he had. But I think Shemti's special with Touch of Pain and the Temple could be a funky alternative to traditional defence - with the untaps (and perhaps replacing a few with Eluding the Arms of Morpheus) it might be quite a playable strategy.

So...
1x Cave of Apples :arrow: Opium Den
2x Truth of a Thousand Lies :arrow: Eluding the Arms of Morpheus
1x Bum's Rush :arrow: Touch of Pain
1x Ambush :arrow: Touch of Pain
1x Typhonic Beast :arrow: Touch of Pain
1x Slam :arrow: Touch of Pain

:?:
Ed.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
the scavenger
Justicar
Justicar
VEKN Nr.:

Post by the scavenger »

Yorga wrote:The Towers saved me for a very long time this week, allowing me to gain pool instead of losing a minion to my prey's Recalled to the Founder, remove a famed weenie (also gaining pool) and then again turning an almost-empty Shemti into a Shemti ready for action.
Ah, the pesky "s" - I meant to remove one Khobar to make room for more stealthy rush (i.e. Haven).
Yorga wrote:So...
1x Cave of Apples :arrow: Opium Den
2x Truth of a Thousand Lies :arrow: Eluding the Arms of Morpheus
1x Bum's Rush :arrow: Touch of Pain
1x Ambush :arrow: Touch of Pain
1x Typhonic Beast :arrow: Touch of Pain
1x Slam :arrow: Touch of Pain

:?:
Less rush might not be such a grand idea - but I think it's worth it to try this "punishment module". Maybe you can shave some of the toolboxy/prayerish cards off? IR Goggles, Street Cred (it's good, but more so in a dedicated deck), 1 Form...

sk.
"We will do better to expect that life will not provide the answers we need so much as it will offer the privilege of improving our questions." (Norman Mailer)
Esteban
Seneschall
Seneschall
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Esteban »

Yeah, get rid of the googles. You seemed to have enough more than enough maneuvers on tuesday... even against a cel gun deck your presses and reasonable prevent should make you the winner in a combat. One IR Googles doesn't cut it anyway and with the size of your minions your actions are precious. One street cred doesn't make too much sense either...

So just a scavenger said: Keep the 2 Rushes ans get rid of the IRs and the street cred. You really need them. Getting into combat through the threat of a big bleeds works vs. decks without bounce... bot those that can bounce don't really care.